Thank you for attending the 2017 Business of Pain Medicine Conference!
The Mobile App is now live. Registered Attendees check your email for instructions on how to download The Business of Pain Medicine 2017 Conference App.
We are gearing up for this year’s Business of Pain Medicine Symposium and we are pleased to let you know we will be offering a brand new web app for this event. This app will serve as a handy guide for our three-day event September 15- 17th 2017 in Washington, D.C. This app will contain all of the conference-related information you could ask for and more. Join the overwhelming majority and don’t miss out on the convenience, fun, and efficiency that the NSPC BOP 2017 mobile app will have to offer. Watch your email for the announcement that the mobile app is available.
The new app offers optimized mobile access to important resources such as:
- Full Planning and Scheduling Features: Once you have registered for the conference, all of the sessions you choose during registration will be available on your app schedule.
- Interactive Sessions: Live Q&A and Audience Polling in the participating sessions. If you don’t have the app downloaded, you will miss out on these fun opportunities.
- What’s Happening Now: You will be able to quickly see what sessions are in progress and which sessions are coming up.
- Venue Maps That Get You Where You Need to Go: Not sure where your next session is? No need to root through the printed program to find the room number and then reference the printed map. You can click the session from your calendar and instantly see where the room is located.
- And so much more: Take session notes, access information about the hotel venue, the local area, and dining options, view abstracts, receive special conference announcements, check into sessions so your colleagues know where you are, rate sessions, set session or meeting reminders, and the list goes on!
Letter from the Course Directors
It is with great excitement that we welcome you to our 3rd annual symposium: The Business of Pain Medicine: 21st Century Challenges and Solutions! As in past years, our conference goal is to address the important business issues impacting our specialty and our individual practices. The Business of Pain Medicine conference is specifically dedicated to helping our businesses survive and thrive in what is a fluid and taxing macroenvironment for health care. By bringing together thought leaders in our industry, knowledgeable attorneys and economists, leading consultants and business-minded conference attendees, we hope to facilitate in-depth discussions about the economic, regulatory, and legal challenges facing our specialty. These are the issues impacting the success of our practices and our ability to care for our patients!
No other IPM conference is solely dedicated to the business of our profession. Word is getting out that “this is a high-value meeting”, “the most helpful meeting I attended last year!” Attendance and sponsorships have grown year after year. We continue to expand the meeting venue, the conference schedule and of course the scope of topics to better serve attendees. We want you to leave the symposium feeling energized with new perspectives and tools, better equipped to guide your individual practices.
In this light, we are so pleased to announce the addition of Dr. Peter Staats to our central planning committee. While Dr. Staats doesn’t need an introduction for most of us, in brief he is the founder of the Division of Pain Medicine at Johns Hopkins University Hospital and was its chief for nearly a decade. He has held numerous critical offices including past president of NANS and ASIPP. And of course, he is a prolific author & writer. Dr. Staat’s group, Premier Pain is the largest IPM provider in New Jersey. Premier Pain recently joined with National Spine & Pain Centers as a leader in R&D and outcomes measurement. Dr. Staats has been critical to the success of this conference in the past, and we are sure that with his help the focus of this year’s meeting will continue to be sharp and relevant.
We sincerely appreciate the input and energy invested in this conference by our course directors, planning committee, faculty members, and staff to make this program informative, dynamic and useful. Thank you all for sharing your time, energy and intellect with us.
Les Zuckerman, MD
Sanjay Bakshi, MD
Sudhir Diwan, MD
Peter Staats, MD
Meet our Course Directors.
For additional information about the conference, please contact: