Dr. Gordon uses sophisticated non-surgical solutions to diagnose and treat acute and chronic pain. He provides a comprehensive approach to patient care and is highly skilled in a variety of interventional pain procedures, including cervical and lumbar epidural nerve blocks, joint injections, radiofrequency neurotomy, sympathetic blockade, spinal cord stimulation, and discography. He has been selected to Northern Virginia Magazine and Washingtonian Magazine Top-Doctors in Pain Management.
Dr. Gordon earned his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, where he was voted as class president, and completed his residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at New York University. He completed advanced fellowship training in Pain Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles. Dr. Gordon is a published researcher and has lectured to his peers on various pain management topics. He has been selected as NSPC’s Director of Clinical Outcomes, working diligently to reduce pain and improve patient function across the organization.
Dr. Gordon is board-certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and in Pain Medicine. He maintains active membership in the International Spine Interventional Society and American Society for Interventional Pain Physicians.
An avid athlete, Dr. Gordon has competed in numerous marathons and triathlons. He was a member of Brown University’s cross-county and track teams, and won the bronze medal for triathlon in the 1993 World Maccabiah Games in Israel. Today he continues to enjoy running and spending time with his wife, son, and daughters.
- B.A. Brown University
- M.D., University of Pittsburgh
Residency & Internship
- Residency: New York University – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Internship: University of Pittsburgh – Medicine
- Pain Medicine, UCLA
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
Professional Distinctions & Awards
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctors 2015-2017
- Northern Virginia Magazine Top Doctors 2015-2018
- Class President – Univ. Pittsburgh Medical School
- Chairman – Residents and Fellows Council, (AAP)
- Appointed Member – AAP Advisory Board for the Physiatric Academic Leadership
- Washington Consumers’ Checkbook Top Doctors 2017/18